[geeks] Smart phone data usage

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Jul 7 09:22:35 CDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 09:13:31AM -0500, Michael Parson wrote:
>Yeah, about the only time I bring up the physical keyboard any more is
>if I'm using Connectbot (ssh client for android) so as to not lose my
>screen real estate to the on screen keyboard.  For most things (filling
>in forms, short emails, txt messages, etc) I use the on screen keyboard.
>Real short bits will get done in portrait mode, if I'm typing more than
>my name, I tend to turn it landscape and type that way, the 'keys' get
>bigger, but you lose most of your screen to have basically a text box
>you're typing in and the keyboard.

It depends upon the size of your fingers. :-)

That BTW, is the difference between the Kindle and the nook, and partially
the iPad.

The Kindle has a small physical keyboard, the nook a virtual one on a small
touchscreen (but the keys seem bigger to me) and the iPad has a big virtual
keyboard.

The iPod touch is the same as the iPad, except much much smaller. I can't
type on it.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.