[geeks] Smart phone data usage

Eric Railine erailine at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 08:56:22 CDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>wrote:

>  How likely am I to even *approach* 2GB of data usage per month?  I
> really have no idea how much data usage mapping (likely to be
> infrequent) and navigation (likely even more infrequent) use up.

As a belated response:  as a (now) Android user, my typical monthly data
usage over the last year has been around 425M, but the last two months have
increased to around 725M.  That's with 2 mail accounts (one very active, one
not), Twitter, semi-frequent remote desktop sessions (Wyse PocketCloud),
occasional streaming music/video, frequent web searches, and probably
averaging 1-2hrs of navigation per week.

-Eric