[geeks] Who else is on Google+?

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Jul 5 20:25:09 CDT 2011

> So far, the most cogent assessment I've heard is "It's like Facebook
> without the personal information leaks" ... but I'm not interested in
> Facebook in the first place.

Also, speaking personally at least, I don't trust the personal
information leaks to remain absent, given (a) how abusive Google has
historically been towards the rest of the net, (b) fiascos like Buzz
where they have done something without, apparently, putting even
minimal thought into foreseeing obvious consequences, and (c) the
country they are in and the constraints they are thus under (I consider
a compelled leak to the US Government to be at least as severe a
problem as a leak to anyone else, possibly more so).

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org