[geeks] Got the CurrentCost meter installed

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Jan 18 13:33:24 CST 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 02:23:39PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Is the objective here to find out what your power consumption is, to try
> to reduce your consumption, to try to figure out what power uses you can
> shift to off-peak hours, or something else again?

- Find out what my power consumption is (funny thing, a week after I bought
  the CurrentCost gear but before I set it up, Reliant Energy finally
  started giving me daily-total graphs from the new "Smart Meter").

- Use the real-time readouts to figure how much power certain things use.

- Reduce my electric bill using data from the first two items above,
  especially later this summer when I can judge power use against different
  AC settings.

- OOH GEEK NEAT SHINY GRAPHS

--
Bill Bradford