[geeks] Got the CurrentCost meter installed

mail at catsnest.co.uk mail at catsnest.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 03:21:42 CST 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 12:47 AM, Patrick Finnegan
<pat at computer-refuge.org> wrote:

> Hmm. B It looks like it only include ammeters, and doesn't have any way
> to measure the voltage on the wires - which means it's not as accurate,
> and it's really measuring Volt-Amps not Watts (you're billed by Watts,
> not Volt-Amps). B Still cool, but to an crazy pedant engineer like me,
> not quite what want. ;)

To be fair I believe this unit's senser just 'clips on' rather then being
inline
I wonder if it reads voltage from the extra 'appliance power meters'
you can attach.

Im considering switching to E.ON if they are giving these away for free...
I havenbt found anything saying this unit supports my 'dule' electric
supply though, I Ibm charged a different for my night time heating
supply (Economy 7) same supply of course it just goes to a different
PDU.

--
Fnord...
<-- http://23.me.uk --> <-- http://wiki.s23.org --> <--