[geeks] Heads up: HP Microservers

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 05:29:16 CST 2011

On 14 Feb 2011, at 10:32, Michael-John Turner <mj at mjturner.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the heads-up - I've been toying with getting one for the last
> week or so. One minor correction - the cashback claim only has to be
> submitted by 25 March, although the purchase must be invoiced in February
> (see [1]).

Yes, true, thanks.

> FYI, with the addition of an HP Remote Access Card, the machine is
> manageable remotely (KVM over IP and IPMI), which is rather neat for a
> machine of this class. The maintenance guide[2] has more info.

The cards are about 55-60 GBP which is too much for me but might suit others
in a different environment.

Card part number is 615095-B21 I believe.

Got my unit for home from dabs.com this morning, will report tonight or
tomorrow night on how my home setup goes (3 HDDs, DVD-RW and Ubuntu desktop).

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog
http://twitter.com/MDBenson