[geeks] Bug-Out Bags

Nemo cym224 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 08:35:55 CST 2011

On 1 February 2011 21:17, Bob <rjtoegel at verizon.net> wrote (in part):
>  I don't have one (not seemingly necessary on the east coast) but I
>  might recommend some type of radio to receive information.

The following is from our local county website.  (I never did get a whistle.)

johng

Here is a list of items to include in an EMERGENCY SURVIVAL KIT. This
kit is designed to sustain one person for three days.

    * Four litres of water / day (bottled water)
    * Food such as canned goods, crackers, honey, peanut butter,
sugar, coffee, tea, food bars (to be replaced once/year)
    * Flashlight and batteries or crank flashlight
    * Portable radio and batteries or crank radio
    * Spare batteries for both
    * First Aid Kit
    * Candles/Matches/Lighter
    * Extra Car Keys
    * Always have cash on hand (including coins for pay phones)
    * Important Personal Papers (ID, personal documents such as
passports, birth certificates, social insurance numbers, marriage
certificates, etc.)
    * Clothing and Footwear (One extra set)
    * Toiletries (such as Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Toilet Paper,
Pre-moistened towlettes, Tissues, etc.)
    * Blankets (Mylar type) or sleeping bags
    * Any necessary medications
    * Whistle (to attract attention)
    * Playing cards, games
    * Something to carry survival kit items in case you have to evacuate