[geeks] iPhone 4 (16G black CDMA)

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 02:01:26 CST 2011

On 21 Dec 2011, at 18:19, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 02:06:29PM +0000, Mark Benson wrote:
>> Curious to know what you do that there isnt an app to cover on iOS. I have
>> Telnet and SSH covered and use a remote link to my Linux server to do
anything
>> more complex (the SSH link is slow but workable anywhere I get a signal).
>
> I hate the workarounds that iOS apps have to use to get control and esc
> keys for remotely using screen and vi. 8-(

I use Panic's 'Prompt' for SSH - it's really nice and well laid out. Ctrl key
is
right there in the input panel. Is it 'getting to' the Ctrl key or something
they do
on the transmission side that borks it?

I've had no issues using Prompt for SSH access in Linux, BSD or VMS, aside
from not being able to set the terminal type report (I always set to VT100 to
prevent
confusing VMS), but I'd not call that major.

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info
Twitter: @DECtecInfo