[geeks] FS: iPhone 4 (16G black CDMA)

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Dec 19 16:31:11 CST 2011

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011, Dan Sikorski wrote:

> Well, the TSA has likely succeeded with one thing:  ensuring that
> commercial aircraft are no longer the best vector or target for a
> terrorist attack.

Well no, but, in that process, they've created a target for injury and
loss of life that's nearly as large: the congested security lines.  This
is an area packed with people who are expected to be rifling through their
belongings while looking generally uncomfortable.  The explosive/poisonous/
incendiary device doesn't have to make it through the checkpoint to wound
thousands, and the overall level of distractedness and activity is an
excellent cover for someone doing something out-of-the-ordinary.

This same government agency wants to bring that level of service to sports
venues, shopping malls, and highways.  That leaves me seriously
questioning if I want to retire here.

> Unfortunately, their heavy handed, inconsistent, and invasive tactics
> for accomplishing this could eventually destroy USA commercial air
> travel entirely.

In the past ten years, I've certainly opted to drive on any trip that
didn't require air travel due to time or terrain.  With a comfortable
automobile and a diverse collection of podcasts and/or audiobooks,
driving's more pleasurable, anyway.

--
Jonathan Patschke    |    "It is easier to build two chimneys than to
Elgin, TX            %     keep one in fuel."