[geeks] operating systems to replace Solaris

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Apr 11 15:03:11 CDT 2011

On Apr 11, 2011, at 12:21 , Dr Robert Pasken wrote:

> With the qualifier that I have a generator backup, which comes up to full
load in 2 minutes and battery backup for 10 minutes. The worst Solaris uptime
I ever have had is 10 months, linux is typically under 5 days and BSD is 10's
of days.

There is something seriously wrong with your Linux and BSD setups.

Either your methodology or your hardware is very broken to have that kind of
different experience from most everyone else.

My longest runtime on BSD was 6.5 years btw.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com