[geeks] "shallow" keyboards

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Apr 11 10:54:27 CDT 2011

On 04/11/11 10:48, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> So I bought a cheap Win7 desktop ($400) and set it up (needed Win7,
> don't ask).
>
> My fingers feel like they are driving on black ice with this shallow
> keyboard - what gives?  What happened to real keys that have a cupped
> depression in the middle of each key?

You are discovering, I believe, that when you buy a cheap package-bundle
desktop, every component is supplied by the lowest bidder.  IMHO an
awful lot of the low-end keyboards on the market are ergonomic and
functional atrocities.  My first and most visible marker to avoid any
keyboard is if it has one of those gigantic two-row-deep Enter keys
apparently intended for people who type via the forehead-smash method.

THAG HAVE WORDS IN HEAD.
THAG BASH HEAD ON THING WITH LETTERS ON.  MAYBE WORDS COME OUT.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.