[geeks] clicky keyboards with volume keys...

Jonathan Groll lists at groll.co.za
Tue Apr 5 01:25:23 CDT 2011

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 01:24:12 -0400, Shannon <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:

> I want to get a new keyboard for my PC/Mac DVI setup.
>
> I like ALPS key switches and I know where to buy them.
>
> However, I really would like to get a keyboard like that with volume control.
> I use that all the time and really miss it when its gone.
>
> Also very nice would be to have a full set of 12-16 function keys for the Mac
> side of things.
>
> Otherwise I don't care about media keys or any of the crap, but volume control
> is very nice.
>
> Anyone know where that might be found?
>
> To save some time:
>
> - I don't like the Matias keyboard, it felt cheap to me
> - I don't like remapping things like vulcan-nerve-pinch +/- to do volume

You probably don't want to get a keyboard with a weird/ergonomic
layout, but the one that I have (Kinesis Advantage) has cherry browns,
supports the mac, and has programmable firmware so that you can
program any key you like to be mapped as any other key.

Cheers,
Jonathan
--
jjg: Jonathan J. Groll : groll co za