[geeks] TCF 2011

Bob rjtoegel at verizon.net
Sun Apr 3 15:29:03 CDT 2011

 That's what I was going to do.  But I could do that at other times.
When I got up this morning, I just couldn't see myself driving down there
in an ailing car just to spend a few hours.
There was someone inside who had a bunch of Apple stuff but he left the
newer stuff home (?).  He gave me his
name and contact info but I can't find it now (grr).  There was some
other stuff I was thinking of picking up but
some of those people I've seen at hamfests so I figured they might have
gone to the splitrock hamfest today (gee,
I thought the ARRL was trying to prevent conflicts like this).

I was very disappointed this year.  It wasn't TCF.  Even the wrist bands
didn't say TCF but a ham call.com.  It's turned
into a hamfest were computer geeks show up.  Only three computer clubs
were sponsoring it this year.  The
others either passed on it or passed into oblivion (grin).  Nobody seemed
to know how to hang up a sign! They
weren't expecting crowds (no porta-potties nor food although spring break
might have had something to do with that)
I guess with eBay and other internet sites, shrinking club  attendance
and the economy (notice how it went from
"Time for a change." to "Time we left you with just change."), these
types of shows are dying.  Shame. Even the
first one was better.

Bob