[geeks] Verizon's Int'l Call Blocking - doesn't

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Fri Oct 29 15:31:19 CDT 2010

 Hopefully someone can help me on this.

A POTS phone line from Verizon, which I have always had international
call blocking on, was used to make a 19-minute call to Europe.  Total
charges:  $80 ($4 a minute basically), which of course the real value of
it is like $1.00 or less.

How is it, that a Verizon-provided line, using Verizon's LD service, did
not actually block an international outgoing call?  Is there some
"trick" that I am not aware of that allows such calls to be made?

I know there are some phone geeks here on the list ...

--Patrick