[geeks] ohno.mrbill.net / sunhelp might be going away

Michael C. Vergallen mvergall at telenet.be
Thu Oct 28 09:45:21 CDT 2010

  On 27/10/10 22:26, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:12:59PM +0200, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 02:56:57PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
>>> I'm not *asking* for it.  I'm just letting people know what's going on.
>>> A few people whose websites and services I provide with the machine, have
>>> donated part of the fees for December.  There's a lot more on the system
>>> than just sunhelp/geeks/rescue.
>> You were not asking, however other people were offering or suggesting how
>> much you could get by asking. I figured I could throw in my two cents
>> both with my opinon of how much you could get by asking, and some
>> constructive suggestions on what to do instead.
> I will say that any donations sent will of course not be turned down. 8-)
>
> Bill

Say Bill,

I wonder if one set-up a Non Profit organisation for this.  You could
probably get a ISP to provide the service for free or at discounted
price and the ISP would get a tax deduction...also the people who donate
parts and funding. Dunno about the states, was that way in europe until a
couple of years ago...not shure now since I4m not longer involved in the
organisational aspects of non profits.

Just an idea,

Michael