[geeks] ohno.mrbill.net / sunhelp might be going away

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Oct 27 15:12:59 CDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 02:56:57PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
>I'm not *asking* for it.  I'm just letting people know what's going on.
>A few people whose websites and services I provide with the machine, have
>donated part of the fees for December.  There's a lot more on the system
>than just sunhelp/geeks/rescue.

You were not asking, however other people were offering or suggesting how
much you could get by asking. I figured I could throw in my two cents both
with my opinon of how much you could get by asking, and some constructive
suggestions on what to do instead.

>For now it looks like I'll keep ohno where it is at least through the end
>of the year (because I have more important stuff to deal with right now),
>and after that either move it to colo here in Houston, or get Comcast or
>UVerse business class service with static IP and move everything to a beefy
>(and QUIET) x86 box here at home.

That sounds like the best option.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
To help restaurants, as part of the "stimulus package", everyone must order