[geeks] Water Damage, neat discoveries

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 8 11:52:26 CDT 2010

Recently my washing machine (which is on the first floor) spilled water that rained down on a stack of boxes in the basement, causing me to spend some time going through boxes from years ago...

While my greatest treasure find so far has been an obscure book I had been looking for the last several years "Model Railroading with John Allen" (see: http://www.amazon.com/Model-Railroading-John-Allen-Fabulous/dp/0890245592 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Whitby_Allen), I also came across some old "Industry Standard" magazine issues from the year 2000.

At the time, this was my favorite magazine, a must read, and it peaked at over 200 pages A WEEK in it's prime (as I recall). It disappeared almost instantly in the dot com bust, but I always loved that magazine - it's collapse inspired an interesting book "Starving to death on $200 Million (see: http://www.amazon.com/Starving-Death-Million-James-Ledbetter/dp/1586481290).

More treats await, but those were some great finds!

Lionel