[geeks] Oracle Solaris may not be "free as in beer" going forward

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Mar 31 23:19:31 CDT 2010

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> Yeah, well, OpenVZ here I come ...

I've heard OpenVZ is tasty.  I'm a lot more interested in seeing FreeBSD
running as dom0 on Xen.  I hope to have a little spare time to work on
that sometime soon.  ZFS on FreeBSD had gotten pretty solid lately, and
both 7.3 and 8.0-STABLE can run ZFS-only installations.

> What's the difference between Larry Ellison and God?  God doesn't think
> he is Larry Ellison ...

And God only wants 10%. :)

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Oh, judge, your damn laws: the good people don't
Elgin, TX         (   need them, and the bad people don't follow them,