[geeks] Fedora question regarding firewalls in general...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 07:23:14 CDT 2010

On Mar 27, 2010, at 7:45 AM, "Michael C. Vergallen"
<mvergall at telenet.be> wrote:

> Due to the fact that the isp does not allow incomming connections to
> my systems is a firewall on the workstations neaded ?

Your ISP is likely ONLY blocking 'normal service' ports, not all
ports, so I'd run a firewall at the ISP connection interface if I were
you.

I don't, but I have all incoming ports redirected to one machine
(DMZ), and that machine is protected by a power switch most times...

Lionel