[geeks] iPad - NOT a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 12:32:21 CDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 8:47 AM, <gsm at mendelson.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 08:12:10AM -0400, hike wrote:
>
>> Many mp3 players aren't loud enough for me to hear.
>> (I stopped looking when I found that the iPod has plenty of hearing.)
>>

> Found or read? There is a significant difference between specs and
> performance.
>
> Also are you talking about the iPod (one of it's many variations) or the
> iPad, a device no one has?

When both ears worked, the iPod was the only mp3 player that I found with
enough volume to permit me to hear "most" of the song.  Even with high
volume, I cannot hear some frequencies.  After I found the iPod, I stopped
looking since the need had been meet.

Now, I only have one working ear.  (And that is at less than 10% of normal
for 1 ear.)

>  Plus, there is no high fidelity monaural earbud to be found.
>> (I asked previously and no one knew of one.)
>>

> Buds, no, headsets, plenty.
> Geoff

No one has recommended either high fidelity, monaural headsets or earbuds.
 My preference is for earbud since I can carry them with me.