[geeks] Is this really the way to set up system accounting on Solaris 10?

Bertrand Hutin bhutin at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 5 10:28:34 CST 2010

the packages will install lines in the sys crontab, just customize them.I
wrote a long time ago a perl script to gather data and build .csv files for
cpu and disk.

--- En date de : Ven 5.3.10, Jonathan J. M. Katz <jon at jonworld.com> a icrit :

De: Jonathan J. M. Katz <jon at jonworld.com>
Objet: Re: [geeks] Is this really the way to set up system accounting on
Solaris 10?
@: "The Geeks List" <geeks at sunhelp.org>
Date: Vendredi 5 mars 2010, 15h45

You need the SUNWaccr and SUNWaccu packages, but use 'man sar' to see how to
setup sar.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net> wrote:

> Background:  all I want is to collect the info for use by "sar", so that
> I can look over the last 24 hours or more of data .
>
> Do I really have to go through all the below steps?  You would think
> that this would be one of the first things that would get turned into a
> svcadm manifest ...
>
> http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-0403/sysresacctsetup-41702?a=view
>
> --Patrick

-Jon