[geeks] iPad - a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 10:18:22 CST 2010

On 29 Jan 2010, at 15:44, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> Of course, more power efficient than ION2 (but probably not as
> efficient
> as the A4) would be to use the Intel chipset combined with a Broadcom
> BCM70015, which does all major video decoding, at HD resolutions, for
> under a watt.

Of course, and it'd probably have been as good, but I refer you back
to my suspicions (and that's all they are tbh) that Intel don't allow
closed systems. It may not be the case, it may just be that Intel =
EFI = easy to 'customise'. I'm only going off what AppleTV is sd as (a
TV appliance) and what it is in reality (a low spec underclocked
Dothan PC).

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog