[geeks] iPad - a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 08:42:47 CST 2010

Geoff, your logic is relatively sound, although I still maintain that
undersold to make it super-stable (as is the case in AppleTV) an Atom
chipsets wouldn't hold a candle to the battry time you get from a well
made ARM SoC.

Also the Atom chipset issue has limitations. Non of Intel's chipsets
have the power requirement  vs. video performance for a device like
iPad. ION is fine with video but would likely lay waste to the battery.

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog
http://twitter.com/MDBenson