[geeks] iPad - a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

Jonathan Groll lists at groll.co.za
Fri Jan 29 01:38:55 CST 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 08:45:36PM +0000, Mark Benson wrote:
>Well it's been a rumour for slightly longer than a roll of Andrex, but it's
>finally dropped. iPad, the fabled Apple tablet.

I'm surprised that at the end of the day it doesn't run regular OS X,
and doesn't come with an Atom processor. Why does OS X support certain
Atom-related chip-sets? Maybe it was Apple's original plan to use Atom,
but then again they must have been designing their custom ARM chip for
some time now.

Cheers,
Jonathan