[geeks] iPad - a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 19:05:29 CST 2010

On Jan 27, 2010, at 3:45 PM, Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well it's been a rumour for slightly longer than a roll of Andrex,
> but it's
> finally dropped. iPad, the fabled Apple tablet.

I've been referring to it as the "MaxiPad" at work, and the general
concensus amogst my lunch partners was thanks, but likely no.

It just looks goofy, like a freakishly large iPhone, just like those
enormous TV remotes. I also don't like the app store tie-in, and a
phone OS is not the same as a general OS...

That said, if I travelled more than I do not (2-3 pleasure trips a
year) I could see getting it, but for now, no. It's a little too
closed for me.

The price points are a bit high, IMHO, by about $100 or so.

Lionel