[geeks] iPad - a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 14:45:36 CST 2010

Well it's been a rumour for slightly longer than a roll of Andrex, but it's
finally dropped. iPad, the fabled Apple tablet.

So it looks really nice, and it's not a bad price either, but... nope sorry. I
don't want a giant iPhone. I don't want the shackles of Apple and their damned
App Store crap[1], and I don't want to carry something that sounds like a
women's sanitary product. Oh and it's a netbook size device with a 1GB ARM CPU
and it likely won't multitask[2]... GET REAL!

Sorry. No.

[1] It uses iPhone OS 3.2 apparently. Although I don't know for sure if the
App Store restriction is in place on the iPad but I'd guess it is as it's
basically a large format iPhone on juice pills.

[2] Also an assumption based on the OS and the iPhone lineage.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>