[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Sat Jan 23 13:05:53 CST 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 12:19:30PM -0600, Jonathan Patschke wrote:

> At some arbitrary point along that continuum, some politicians decided
> that, despite putting his own labor and wealth into selecting the fish,
> purchasing the fish, buying the pond, and placing the fish into the pond,
> he'd abdicated ownership of the resources he purchased just because he
> assembled them in a certain way.  I can accept that, but that doesn't
> cause it to make sense.

It's simpler than that. France also had laws making game the property of
the landowner (almost always the king), but they dropped them after a little
political re-alignment in the late 19th century.

It comes to a bigger situation. It's being taught that each county has its
own laws, its own practices and its own customs.

If you watched the show, you would quickly get the opinion that the family
involved thought they were moving to a warmer part of the UK, with really
bad pronunciation. :-(

Why didn't they hire a French lawyer before they made the move? What ever
happened to "due diligence"?

When I was in school, in the 1960's each state had their own laws and they
were very different. Pa had a lot of old Quaker laws, for example, contracts,
therefore checks, written on Sundays were not enforceable. They also still
are the only state where a couple can marry themselves without a religious
leader, justice of the peace,etc.

I've been involved with what is called "making aliyah" from the reference to
a spiritual raising up for a Jew to move to the "holy land" since 1989 when I
met my wife, and via email since I first got internet email in late 1990.

You would not believe the people that come here assuming Israeli law is the
same as US law and complaining when other people won't follow it.

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.