[geeks] Maildir with postfix

Jeff Cole jeff at flambe.org
Fri Jan 22 08:22:39 CST 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:45:10PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> I have an interest in this question too, as I'm looking to migrate over
> from mbox to Maildir (with Postfix and mutt) on this machine.  I've
> tried mailbox conversion scripts in the past, but they always ended up
> leaving me with a bunch of invisible mailfolders.

You want mb2md http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/mb2md

For some strange reason, I occasionally get stuff delivered to /var/spool/mail/jeff despite the fact that I have procmail delivering to $MAILDIR.

I call it once an hour from cron like so:

perl /home/jeff/mb2md.pl -m -d /home/jeff/Maildir/ > /dev/null ; cat /dev/null > /var/mail/jeff

Jeff

--
It's not working because:  IRQ-problems with the Un-Interruptible-Power-Supply