[geeks] Maildir with postfix

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 03:59:52 CST 2010

Firstly confusion reigned. procmail is installed and is used as the
default LDA by postfix. I was thrown by the lack of apparent /etc/
procmailrc - I expected it to be there but only when I realised what
it did I understood why it wasn't.

Well using dovecot LDA didn't work. Mail wasn't bring delivered
*anywhere*.  It wasn't in the mailq list either.

Still I set the mailbox_command back to use procmail and created a /
etc/procmail with the line :

DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/

That pointed procmail to the right place and, like postfix, it takes
the trailing / to mean it's a Maildir system.

Sending a mail to myself in Thunderbird works great now, I need
something to test if the system is going to suceed sending me
warnings. Any ideas?

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog