[geeks] Maildir with postfix

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Thu Jan 21 14:46:04 CST 2010

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 19:23:04 +0000, Mark Benson wrote:
> > I don't know how to make mail read Maildir, but mutt is perfectly
> > happy to read Maildir.
>
> It may be mail can't read Maildir, I really haven't looked into it
> myself, my priority was to get it working for general use first, but

If command-line mail is required, it may be worth looking at heirloom
mailx (http://heirloom.sourceforge.net/mailx.html) which according to
the manual page does support reading maildir mailboxes.

I've used it myself to support software requiring mailx to send mail,
and it seems pretty good.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 This signature has been rot13-encrypted twice, reading it is illegal