[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Wed Jan 20 10:26:41 CST 2010

Dr. Robert Pasken 300a wrote:
> And then we would end up with the majority of the population unable to
> read or write. The libertarian/free-market philosophy has been shown
> over and over and over again to be a total disaster

Can I just ask, how did Tom Paine's book become such a bestseller (Harry
Potter sized bestseller when adjusted per-capita) in the late 1700s in
an America that did not have taxpayer-funded education?

Did it have a lot of pretty pictures?  Images of saucy ladies showing
their legs between the bottom of the knee to the ankle (a/k/a Amish porn)?

--Patrick