[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Tue Jan 19 10:53:59 CST 2010

On Tuesday 19 January 2010, Brooke Gravitt wrote:
> Private and charter schools seem to be the way to go, as the
>  local and state governments seem incapable or providing a basic
>  education - free from social indoctrination.

As a graduate of a public high-school and public university, I take
offense to this.  Perhaps you're referring to your local state, but I
really dislike sweeping generalizations like this.

Perhaps not all state-run/public schools are "decent", but the local-to-
me Catholic school really was just known for their athletic programs,
and did a relatively poor job at basic education.  Just ask my brother
that went there. :)

Pat