[geeks] Flash Player Video/XP/AMD glitch

Geoffrey Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Mon Jan 18 22:47:29 CST 2010

On 1/18/10 5:12 PM, "Lionel Peterson" <lionel4287 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2010, at 6:23 PM, Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We're stumped. Seriously stumped. Like, we've not been this stumped
>> since about 1994 stumped.
>
> What is different between LinITC test setup and your home setup?
> Drives, RAM, and power supply. Logically, the issue should be
> somewhere in the differences.
>
> I had an Intel MB that simply SUCKED on IDE drives, felt twice as fast
> when I cutover to SATA HDs... The poor performance drove me nuts. Then
> there's the time I had BAD memory (nit wrong spec, but broken RAM).
> That consumed an entire day.
>
> Been there, done that. Good luck,

----

What OS version and sp/patch level did they use to test it?

Did they have it mounted in a case or was it on a test-bench, if there is a
bad solder joint on a bga the stress from being mounted in a case could
cause enough flex that you get a problem that shows up that doesn't when
just on a testbench.