[geeks] Another reason this LTO-2 drive can't live in babylon5...

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Jan 18 21:58:55 CST 2010

On 01/18/10 20:36, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> ...it's unhappy - not to the point of panic, but definitely disapproving
> - of the internal temperature in babylon5's case.  So I really need to
> find a working external case for it (or find a way to adapt the library
> module it came in for use as an external case).

OK, I spoke too soon there.  Its disapproval is quite justified.  The
side panel felt a little warm, so I checked and found that of the four
chassis fans (not including the power supply fan), three have failed.
They were all running last time I checked them.

Time to buy and install all new chassis fans...

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.