[geeks] Q: Regarding Linux in K-12 education

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Mon Jan 18 00:51:54 CST 2010

From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com>

> On Jan 18, 2010, at 1:13 AM, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
>
> > "Even worse when it is thrown at you and you have to "make it work."
>
> Bob, that is my job description. Last year, we (Admin/IT) pushed back
> on buying more smartboards, so the teachers went to the local PTA-like
> organization and got them to buy more. We refused to install them, and
> forced the PTA group to hire installers. We found the value-add too
> small, and the cost too high...
>
> Lionel

They are all the rage here.  We're also into the PSI stuff too (where we
can get money for Smart Boards).  So far, I've "resisted" training
"opportunities".  The PSI stuff us all scripted and everything is given
to you so I can imagine why teachers are so for it.  It started with
Physics this year. I've found the material covered is less than an ordinary
Physics class.  And, of course, you use the "latest" technology. What a joke.

Bob

 - Progressive education.  Made fun of since 1934.