[geeks] Q: Regarding Linux in K-12 education

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 16:27:43 CST 2010

On Jan 17, 2010, at 8:58 AM, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:

> I expect you are living in one. The only ones that are still going
> strong are Israel, China, and India. Everywhere else is slowing down,
> dropping their standards and reducing the money available for
> education.

Geoff, glad to see you didn't equate money with quality of education -
my school district/employer wastes money thinking they are one
technical gee-gaw away from improving our HS ranking, which is
currently ranked in the top 5% in NJ (out of over 600 HS in NJ).

For the record, it is NOT the IT dept. pushing it, the teachers are,
and the requests always seems to coincide with the annual teacher's
convention... Odd.

Lionel