[geeks] Linux tape backup help

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Fri Jan 15 14:51:20 CST 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:36:51PM -0600, Dr. Robert Pasken 300a wrote:
> No just 10 desktops (mixed solaris and linux) and a DL-380 server with a
> LTO attached. Just getting to work reliably without a LOT of hand
> holding is problematic

Every backup system requires a lot of "hand holding."  That's an immutable law of the universe.

With that said, Bacula is the least amount of trouble I've ever had from backups.  When something goes wrong, I can usually troubleshoot the problem, rather than throw up my hands and walk away.

That's more than I can say for most commercial systems. (No, I have never used Tivoli.)