[geeks] Netbook/OS X suggestions?

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 10:56:57 CST 2010

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 11:05 AM, William Barnett-Lewis
<wlewisiii at gmail.com> wrote:
> Happy 2010 all!
>
> Well, the coke spill from a few months back is catching up to my
> Macbook. The fan has died  & overheating occurs rather often as a
> result. We can't afford a new Mac or even what Apple repair wants
> ($800!).

You can probably buy the parts on eBay (new fan for my PB G4 was
around $30) and fix it yourself if you are OK with some careful prying
via a nylon prying tool and managing a screwdriver and small parts.
Take a look at the disassembly guides at iFixit.com.  The biggest
thing to be aware of is keeping your screws that you remove sorted so
that you get the right size back in the right place upon reassembly.

=Nadine=