[geeks] Looking for options to increase IOPS (Storage)

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Feb 26 02:26:24 CST 2010

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 23:33:12 -0700
Dan Duncan <danduncan at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you have gig-E in the host, why not iSCSI?
This adds even more overhead and latency from the iSCSI layer. Most
likely it is slower as a local RAID in regard to sustained data rate
also.

> Plunk the PATA disks into another system that also has gig-E.
I can see only one potential benefit of this: Use all the RAM (i.e.
several GB) of that other machine as disk cache. But I don't know if
there is such a massively caching iSCSI target.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen