[geeks] anyone using Evernote?

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Tue Feb 23 10:15:15 CST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:46:54AM -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> One of these days I will get organized ... anyone using Evernote and
> willing to share their experience with it?

I've been using a free account for the past 3-4 weeks and find it pretty
useful.

Pros:
- Native clients for most major platforms, with the notable exception of
  Linux (for which there's a web client).
- OCR
- Ability to edit notes/upload photos from mobile phone (iPhone, Android,
  Blackberry) - find that very useful.

Cons:
- Data lock-in (although there is the ability to export to XML, I'm still
  not that comfortable)
- No native Linux client, no ability to edit notes from the command-line

Those are just my initial thoughts - I'm still working out if it's the best
solution for me (using something like, eg, Dropbox or a WebDAV-enabled
subversion repository may be better, I'm not sure).

-mj
--
 Michael-John Turner
 mj at mjturner.net      <>     http://mjturner.net/