[geeks] iPad - a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Feb 5 10:58:03 CST 2010

" From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com>
"
" On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 2:38 AM, Jonathan Groll <lists at groll.co.za> wrote:
" > Why does OS X support certain Atom-related chip-sets?
"
" I was under the impression that Apple was going to exclude Atom
" support in the next release of OS X, they are actually going to code
" in mechanisims to detect Atom CPUs and shutdown...
"
" http://osxdaily.com/2009/10/31/hackintosh-netbook-users-take-note-snow-leopard-10-6-2-update-kills-support-for-atom-processor/

i've heard that.  i've also heard that there's active interest in
hacking the update to disable or exclude the offending 'feature', but
i don't know if it's yet been accomplished.