[geeks] iPad - NOT a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Wed Feb 3 14:18:05 CST 2010

> " Right now it is an ugly, horrible, mess.  And Adobe is terrible, simply
> " wrapping up MPEG-4 in their Flash wrapper for so many video streams and
>
> speaking of which, anyone know a way to make flash and/or silverlight
> show the url of the stream they're playing?

If you mean something like YouTube, it's pretty trivial with the right
browser plugin, like NetVideoHunter:

You can download the FLV with that, and lots of software like MPlayer and
VLC will play the FLV files (better than Flash does, I might add).  And
you can transcode those FLV to whatever you want with the right software
as well of course.

- Nate