[geeks] Solaris 10 x86 recovery?

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Feb 1 21:36:06 CST 2010

On 02/01/10 21:39, Nadine Miller wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2010, at 12:12 PM, Mike Meredith wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 13:24:17 -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>>> shell from the install CDs, but zfs/zpool list says no zfs
>>> datasets/pools available. The disks all seem to be present.  Am I
>>> missing something?  Is there a way I can recover my ZFS pool data
>>> from the single-user shell?  Should I be able to fsck and mount a
>>> partition on the boot disks just as though it was not mirrored?
>>
>> What does 'zfs import' say ? It's possible that you may have to import
>> a pool before using anything on it.
>
> Check the zpool man page, you may have to have it look @ specific directories,
> or give it the -D flag to check for destroyed pools.
>
> SOunds like you may have a controller issue, though...

No, that problem was just that the ZFS pools were newer than my Solaris
10 CD media.  When I hooked up a DVD drive and booted from the latest
Solaris DVD, the problem just vanished.  I found out that the grub boot
blocks were corrupted or gone, but I never found out why the system went
down in the first place to need the boot blocks.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.