[geeks] iPad - NOT a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Feb 1 10:39:09 CST 2010

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 11:35:06AM -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> Including convincing some 300 million people that paying over 30% of
> their income, being subject to naked body scanning when flying, and
> having their cash currency confiscated while traveling by car (if a cop
> thinks it "might" be from the results of drug selling) means they have
> the most freedom in the world.

Or, if you are one Anthony Smelley, then it would be siezed because the
cop thought he "might" choose to buy drugs with it, on the basis that as
a teenager he once was arrested (but not charged) with possession,
despite his claim that the money was to buy a new car for a relative,
and the money provably came from a non-drug related source (insurance
settlement).

http://reason.com/archives/2010/01/26/the-forfeiture-racket