[geeks] Solaris 10 iSCSI help?

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Fri Aug 20 12:58:20 CDT 2010

Folks,
I'm trying to connect a SCSI LTO2 drive to the onboard SCSI on my V210,
then export the drive as an iSCSI target over a dedicated gigabit
point-to-point connection to my main server.  The only problem is, all
the documents I can find online describing setting up and using iSCSI
targets on Solaris 10 approach it only from the perspective of disk (or
disk-like, i.e. ZFS volumes) targets.

Can anyone give me any tips on using iSCSI with tape drives?  Can it be
done?

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.