[geeks] Sun trying to be another SCO?

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 03:38:38 CDT 2009

On 25 Oct 2009, at 03:51, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 08:58:06AM +0100, Mark Benson wrote:
>> Sun own them, for all that's worth.
>
> Nope.
>
> http://www.sparc.org/aboutOverview.html
>
> "SPARC International was created in 1989 as an independent, non-profit
> organization to oversee and guide the SPARC evolution. Our IP
> consists of
> the SPARC Instruction Set Architecture, SPARC trademarks, and, SPARC
> derivative TM's. The organization is funded entirely by our members in
> support of SPARC architecture and its Open Standards technology. "
>
> Sun Microsystems, Inc. is a MEMBER of SPARC International, Inc., but
> *anyone* can become a member:

Might want to point that out to Mr Man at SparkFun, as he put this in
his posting:

"I have the utmost respect for Sun Microsystems (owner of SPARC
Industries)."

Apologies for not running a background check on S.I. - I guess you
should never take the word of an angry man as law :)

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>