[geeks] TOVA test

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Fri Oct 16 02:56:04 CDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 01:28:38AM -0500, Jonathan Patschke wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
>
>> Has anyone taken the TOVA test? It's a computerized test to determine if
>> you have ADD.
>
> I keep meaning to, but I keep getting-ooh shiny!

My son is scheduled for one later this month. What worries me is that it
is basicly a video game, and he is very well practiced at playing them.

I, for example, get bogged down playing anything more difficult than solitare,
get bored and loose focus. He on the other hand is used to playing high
speed, multi user (with voice coordination between players), video games
for hours on end.

If he was left alone and did not have things to do around the house, a brother,
cats and parents to interact with (and need attention) or school, I'm afraid
he'd have ended up like Howard Hughes, but at the age of 10.

It will be interesting to see if the test can compensate for that.

Geoff.