[geeks] current value of EVGA 8800 ultra (768mb RAM)?

Nate nate at portents.com
Thu Oct 8 22:21:51 CDT 2009

On Oct 7, 2009, at 8:34 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> I have a customer that looks like he is going to stiff me on some
> invoices.
>
> I never shipped back the EVGA 8800 Ultra (768MB RAM):
>
> http://www.buy.com/prod/evga-geforce-8800-ultra-612mhz-768mb-pci-express-x16-video-card-evga-e/q/loc/101/204557668.html
>
> That was installed in a server (he was doing some GPU computations).
>
> What is the current value of this card, any idea?
>
> --Patrick

The 8800 Ultra has been out of production for a while... the die was
90 nm and at one time, cutting-edge, but it's been evolved and re-
cycled, and the closest thing on the market now is the GTS 250 (die-
shrunk, and tweaked direct descendant).  Here's a comparison:

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=515&card2=606

A new GTS 250 1GB ranges in price from $140-160.

- Nate