[geeks] The new IPC/LX, from Dell?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 13:02:47 CST 2009

On Nov 15, 2009, at 5:11 AM, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Looks good to me...  bear in mind that the "loaded" configs have non-
> cheap
> monitors, which drive the prices up considerably. Also, I'd stay
> away from
> discrete graphics for cooling reasons.
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

The loaded configs I was talking about were base systems upgraded to
faster CPU, discrete graphics, 8 Gig RAM, 500 Gig HD, upgraded audio
and Blu-Ray disc. I wasn't looking at upgraded packages.

The base config plus an upgraded CPU and Blu-Ray would be a nice low-
end HTPC, uith room/ability for upgrades later, when Win8 rolls out ;^)

Lionel