[geeks] The illusion of Windows 7

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Sun Nov 1 04:09:35 CST 2009

On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 09:17:37AM +0000, Mike Meredith wrote:

>Ubuntu (and the sudo method of enabling access to privileged methods)
>predates Vista by over a year. If anything Vista borrowed the idea from
>Ubuntu.

I'm sure it does. This is a different method on top of everything else,
using a GUI prompt. I've seen comments that it can be disabled with the
editing of an xml file.

It, like network manager, is being included in everything.

>It sort of tells you that Ubuntu isn't properly embedded at any large
>sites.

I read a posting about it following a bug report. It was something that the
GNOME people changed and showed up in the late 9.10 betas, but too late for
anyone to fix. This worries me.

Geoff.